Monday, December 15, 2008

Morgan's Cookies


My mom asked me to make cookies for her school's cookie swap, so I thought it would be a great time to try out Morgan's cookies.

FYI: I doubled her recipe.


1 stick of butter



2 sticks


3 sticks


4 sticks of butter [no, this is not a low fat recipe]


into the bowl and add 2 cups white sugar


2 cups dark brown sugar


mix it


add 1 egg


2 eggs


3 eggs


4 eggs and mix well


1 tsp. salt



2 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. baking soda


pour in 2 tsp. vanilla


add 4 cups all purpose flour


mix in 1 at a time


add 5 cups oatmeal


mix in 1 at a time


add chocolate chips


mix well one last time


first attempt


way too big


second attempt


getting better


third attempt


left them in a little too long (they only took about 6 1/2 minutes in my oven)


last attempt of the night


perfection



I baked about half of the dough that night, and the rest of it the next day. I think I finally got a feel for how big to make them and how long to leave them in after the third try. This was my first ever attempt at baking cookies from scratch (shocking, I know!), and I think I did pretty well. You all should definitely try out Morgan's recipe yourselves!







P.S: I'm so in love with this apron that Morgan got me, and I finally got my Nie Tee. You should get one, too! [Please forgive/ignore how awful I look in this picture.]

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm SO happy to see that your cookies turned out so well! I'm sure that they tasted amazing. That last batch turned out perfectly! You see, you can definitely handle this baking thing! I can see why you said that is was so much butter. It's practically overflowing! And you look so cute in your Nie tee and your apron. I can't wait till I come home so we can be baking twins!

Wayne said...

Ahh so this is what you were taking pics of the look so yummi baby I can't wait till you make some for me I love you