Monday, January 5, 2009

Simplify


I've always yearned for a simpler existance.

I used to long for the "middle of nowhere." I wanted to move back to my dad's old town.

Once I started school in the mountains, I fell in love with the calmness I feel up there.

My body still longs for simplicity. I can feel the desire burning inside.

This year, and in years to come, I will keep this word close to my heart: simplify.



PS: Go here to see more great words-of-the-year.

8 comments:

Jingle said...

Great Choice!

Time Slides By said...

Lovely choice! Its is even calming to say..(sim-plə-ˌfī)

Morgan said...

Jennifer, I think that is a wonderful resolution. That was very well said.

Heather said...

Simplify is like that ultimate word that many other words fall under. If we stepped backed and just looked at things simply, then we wouldn't become all overwhelmed. I hope things are simple for you, Pure Dove.

Tara Bennett said...

This is such a novel concept for the world we live in. Best wishes for a simple 09!

Ter said...

I hope you can achieve your goal.

T.
http://withanangelonmyshoulder.blogspot.com
http://onebearhugatatime.blogspot.com

annies home said...

this word brings to mind a conversation with my 20 year old son who said he wanted to simplify because life was so much easier when it was simple is that not great or what

Wayne said...

Simply put a great simplyfied baby I love you