Sunday, November 8, 2009

Morgan's Presence

I've been thinking a lot about Morgan's presence in my life a lot lately, and I wanted to write this for her before the thoughts went out of my head.

Today was my baptism into the LDS church. My family doesn't know about this yet, so her family has sort of adopted me and has been supporting my in this decision. They've been amazing to me and treated me like a daughter and I'm completely grateful for that. I'll write more about that later, but right now I want to talk about how Morgan has impacted this decision.

Morgan is from New Jersey. She loves New Jersey and the surrounding areas. I don't want to say too much about this because I'm not sure if she'd want me to get into it, but basically she's just not very happy here in Georgia. For the past two years, she's been going to school in New York, which she loved. This year, however, she's going to school here in Georgia, and I know she's not very happy about that.

I'm the kind of person who always tries to figure out why things happen. This past summer, I kept thinking about what the reason was for Morgan having to go to school in a place she's not very happy. I kept thinking things like maybe she'll meet her future husband here or maybe there's someone she needs to meet at school here, etc. Well, maybe those things could be true, but I think I've figured out one of the reasons she's here this year.

Like I said before, her family has sort of become my family. I feel like Morgan is a sister to me. Since the summer, I've been going to church with her most Sundays. She and her mom did pretty much everything for my baptism.

Morgan has been the support I've needed in my life to get to this day. Without her being here, I don't think I'd be able to do it. If she was still in New York, I don't think I'd have the strength and courage to make it to church and meet with the missionaries and get baptized.

I feel sort of selfish writing or even thinking this, but I just can't help but think about it. I'm just so very grateful for Morgan's presence in my life. I know that I would not be where I am today if it were not for her.

Morgan, please don't hate me for keeping you here ;)

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Thank you so much for this, Jennifer. You know, I've been thinking about the same thing. I've been wondering why I'm here at this time in my life. I've made a list of all of the reasons. It's a short one, as you might imagine, but please know that you're at the very top of it.

And I don't think that I'm here just to help you. I feel like I'm here because you're helping me, actually. I think that you're friendship really does mean more to me than you realize. Oh, if only there were enough words to explain it all. Just know that I am grateful for your presence.

Wayne said...

Morgan is truly a great friend and a rock for you. I know that she will look after you no matter what and will be there for you forever.

I love you forever