Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some people are so dense.

You know how whenever you're in a bad mood, and someone asks if you're in a bad mood, it puts you in an even worse mood? Or is that just me? I don't know.

Well it's no secret Wayne left Monday. One of the worst parts after he leaves, is having to go different places without him, and everyone asking "So, Wayne went home, huh?" Well actually no, he didn't go home, but yes, he did go back to England. Thanks for your great concern!

You'd think that would be the end of it, but people like to keep going on and say things like "So that's why you're so quiet," or my favorite "so that's why you've been dead the past few days." Actually, I haven't been dead. I've been as alive as I can be.

So maybe I'm not jumping back into my bubbly self I was before he came. It's not even just the being sad part. Yes, I'm sad. I'm not going to lie, it stinks. But it's not just that. It's the fact that I got used to him being here. I got used to being part of a couple. I got used to being a "we" as in "We're going to dinner," or "We're going to the movies tonight," or "We're just going to meet with the missionaries later." After all that we-ing, it's hard to back to just "I."

Yes, I can be alone. I can get by without nightly massages. I can take out my own trash. I can wash my own dishes. I don't mind watching mindless television alone. I can be independent. Still, it just takes a little getting used to.

I will get back to normal, just give me a couple more days. In the meantime, please refrain from pointing out the fact that I may be in a mild funk. It really does me no good.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

try not to let what people say get to you baby, I know it's hard in these first couple of days but we will get through it. I love you