Thursday, February 11, 2010

The first time ever I saw your face



Wayne sings me that song all the time and I love it. I'm really missing Wayne, and really anticipating his next visit (I know it's soon, but Wayne won't tell me exactly when). So I thought I'd take some time and write about the first time we ever met in person.

First, I should back up and explain that Wayne and I actually met online (have I told this story before?). I won't go into details because it's really very unromantic and kind of boring. Basically, we started out talking through instant messenger maybe 5 minutes a day, to talking as friends for a few hours every night, to talking on the phone all night long, to Wayne telling me he loved me. Of course I told him I loved him, too.

That was all before we actually met in person. I know it seems weird. I do realize that. I don't recommend meeting men online to anyone. Still, I really felt this connection to Wayne that I can't even explain. I knew him even though I didn't really know him. At the risk of sounding completely cheesy (although I'm sure most of this will anyway), it really was as if I had known him forever.

So we planned to meet on April 1st, 2008. I was really nervous, not because I was worried he'd turn out to be a murderer, but because I was worried he'd take one look at me and run back to England.

The day came when Wayne was set to arrive at the airport, and I went to pick him up. I was shaking I was so nervous, and it didn't help that he was about 3 hours late (well, his plane was late, I can't blame him!).

After waiting and shaking and worrying, I saw him. He was real! He was here! He was mine! We hugged a few minutes and he kissed me. It was really just a quick peck on the lips. This was my first kiss ever, so of course I was completely nervous and had no idea what to do. I won't go into any more detail than that because I'm pretty sure this is already bordering on TMI.

I can't remember exactly, but I think he was here about two weeks that first visit. He basically spoiled me rotten buying me things, taking me to dinner, carrying all my bags, and treating me at the movies. This was the first time in my life I've ever felt that cared for and loved. The only problem? He had to leave to go back to England.

My heart pretty much broke when he left. I was so upset I actually got in my first car wreck on the way home. I cried for days (so did he).

Meanwhile, he was saving up to come back to me. Eventually, he was back in my arms where he belongs.

And so it goes. He saves, he comes here, he leaves, he saves he comes here...

I miss him.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Jennifer, this was so sweet. I never get tired of hearing yours and Wayne's story. It's beautiful.

I'm so excited for Wayne's next visit! As you know, he can't get here soon enough. Wayne is wonderful, and you are wonderful, and together the two of you are, of course, wonderful. Such a perfect example of true love. I love you both!

Miriam Herm said...

you haven't told this story before and I LOVED IT. now tell how you met online. i find your story so sweet.

Morgan said...

Jennifer, you're being missed again. Blog about something. Please:)