

I guess I've never actually stated on here that my parents don't know about Wayne.Well...THEY KNOW NOW!!
Sunday morning, Wayne and I woke up early so that we could pick out a nice outfit for Wayne to wear to church to meet my parents.
On the way to my church, Wayne and I stopped at Panera and had some delicious quiche.
We finally arrived at church, and went to where my mother would be first. My mother is the choir director so she would be in the choir room, and my dad was in his Sunday School class, so I wasn't able to introduce Wayne to them at the same time.
My mother was completely surprised, and, I think, a little mad. But overall I think it went well. I was so proud of how well Wayne handled all of her questions.
When it came time to introduce Wayne to my dad, I was reminded of why I am a daddy's girl-- he just shook Wayne's hand as if it was the most natural thing for me to bring someone to church with me. Thanks for that, Dad!
We went to lunch with my parents. It was probably one of the most nerve-wracking meals of my life! But, again, I was so so so proud of how Wayne handled it.
My mother asked us to come over to the house. I guess it would have been strange for us not to go, but I was sort of wishing we didn't have to. Once we got there, though, everything felt so natural. The man that I had been sadly hiding from my parents for almost a year was actually inside my house.
My favorite part of the day was watching my dad showing the love of my life how to play the Wii video game. They both seemed to get along so very well, and Wayne looked happier than I have ever seen him. It was like he was already a part of the family right then and there.
It was amazing.
It was better than I could possibly have imagined.
It was perfect.
I'm just so happy that Wayne and I don't have to hide any more. It gives me such a sense of comfort to know that. And I know that it made Wayne so so so happy, and that makes all the flack that I will most likely get from my mother about lying to her for almost a year worth it.
I just can't wait until Wayne is legally part of my family, and I know he can't wait until then, either.
It will be amazing.
It will be better than I can possibly imagine now.
It will be perfect.










1 comment:
baby i love this its so perfect and we look great i love you so so much
Post a Comment