Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday


So I thought I'd try out something new today. I'm hoping that it will become a weekly thing for me.

As we inch closer and closer to the holiday season, we think more and more about what we are thankful for: family, friends, food, shelter, warmth. And yet we so often forget to continue these thankful thoughts throughout the year.

I'm setting out on my own personal mission to remember weekly (at the least) the many blessings God has given me in my life. I hope you all will join me {all three of you ;)}. If you do decide to join me, put a link in the comments to your post so that I can see what you all are thankful for for the week.



I'm thankful for this past weekend that I spend with my sister and her friends.

I'm thankful that I have a man in my life who
enjoys buying me things. I'm thankful that he is actually one of those rare men who say 'a beautiful woman deserves beautiful things.'

I'm thankful that my toenail wasn't pulled off last night when I stubbed it while opening my door.

I'm thankful that Wayne is home today, and that I only have one class. This means we get some much needed talking time.

I'm thankful for a mother who sends me to college with
lots of home-made food. Chow Hall food gets very old very fast.

I'm thankful for my new silk blanket which, contrary to Morgan's beliefs, really
does make the perfect little lap blanket. Plus, it's the first blanket I've ever owned that is made of silk, and it feels so nice.

I'm thankful for the lovely little plant my mother bought for me for my dorm. It makes me smile every time I see it.

I'm thankful for the 'Thankful Thursday' picture up top (thanks Wayne!).




Now it's your turn; what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Wayne said...

It's a very good blog baby and it's good to be thankful for all those things Im thankful for each and every day of my life and everything in it andIm thankful for having you.
I love you so so much mwah

Morgan said...

As I just mentioned on Wayne's blog, I LOVE this idea. It is always nice to remind oursleves of all of the things that we are thankful for. I will most definitely be joining you.