I've had some more time to think about Natalie's situation, and I've overcome the initial shock of the news, so I thought I update my blog. Although I am going to be a twenty-year-old great-aunt (which, as I told Morgan earlier, normally only happens in the backwoods of Alabama), I need to take my own advice and find the joy in this situation. Natalie took a pregnancy test this afternoon, and her suspicions were confirmed. A new little perfect baby is coming into the world, and she's going to be my great-niece! I'll be a great-aunt before I can legally drink alcoholic beverages. That's something that not many people can say! And as Morgan pointed out, I may even become a great-great-aunt, or even a great-great-great-aunt in my lifetime. Now that's something that I doubt very many people can say.
So here I am, looking on the bright side of things, finding the silver lining in the clouds, and all the other cliches you can think of for this type of situation. I may not be in a situation right now where I could become a mother, but that time of my life is going to come. And when it does, I pray that I will never take it for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment