Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thoughts on a Lazy Thursday.

My education class was canceled today, so I thought I'd write down a few thoughts I've had from last night and this morning.


Wayne:
I was looking at you last night, while I thought you were sleeping, and I couldn't help but think, "That's the man I'm going to marry. That's the love of my life. That's my best friend. That's my lover. That's the father of my future children. That's the man that is everything to me and so much more." Then you told me to come cuddle up with you and admitted that you hadn't been sleeping because you were waiting for me. How did I get so lucky to have you?


Natalie and Kyle:
Natalie, I know that I am not yet technically your aunt, but I still feel strongly about trying to protect you. And I know this may sound silly (even though you'll hopefully never read this) since I'm only a little over a year older than you. But when Wayne told me that you think you're pregnant, I was speechless. Actually, there were plenty of thoughts rolling through my head, I'm just not sure any of them were particularly nice. First of all, 18 is wayyyy too young to have a baby, especially when the mother works at a fast food restaurant and the father is unemployed. Second, YOU'RE ONLY 18! That's sooo young, and I know because I'm 19 and I'm young. Third, you're not married, and I don't think Kyle is planning on asking you any time soon. And I know that mistakes happen, and lots of people get pregnant out of marriage these days, but the thing that gets me is this: if you had wanted to get married, you could already be married by now. Your parents would let you, they let you do anything. You're lucky in that way. So I hope, if you are pregnant, you get married before the little baby comes into this world.


However, those honestly weren't my first thoughts. I know this is completely selfish of me, but my very first thoughts were, "No. She can't be pregnant. Another person besides me can't be having a baby. I want a baby. The whole world is pregnant around me, my niece can't be getting pregnant before me. I'm supposed to get pregnant before my niece."


Then I remembered the scene from Sex and the City that Wayne and I had (somewhat ironically) just watched last night. Miranda finds out she is pregnant (which she wasn't particularly happy about) about the same time Charlotte finds out she has a 15% chance of ever concieving (which she is definitely not happy about). Charlotte is obviously upset at first, but she comes to realize that this wasn't anything against her, and she is happy for Miranda's decision to continue with her pregnancy. So, since SATC is so good about teaching me life lessons, I guess the life lesson I should get out this is this:


When it seems like others around me are always getting pregnant, I should be happy for them. After all, these are the people who I am going to want to be happy for me when I tell them I'm expecting my own Little Miracle.


So, Natalie and Kyle, if you are pregnant, I wish you both all the best with creating a precious family of your own. And even if you're not, those wishes still apply. I hope you both can always be as happy as Wayne and I are together.


Love to all on this lazy Thursday afternoon.

No comments: