Has anyone else seen this movie? Morgan recommended it to me about a week or so ago and I convinced Wayne to watch it with me. I had seen the previews for it on Lifetime, but never actually watched it until a few days ago. My goodness, it was such an inspiration! This movie showed the strength that is in every woman's soul, even if they don't know it yet. It's movie is based on a true story of a woman (who now works at Lifetime campaigning for a cure for breast cancer) who finds a lump in her breast one day, and later finds out that it is cancerous. She then has a tough decision to make: should she have a mastectomy? She does a lot research on the situation and decides to go through with the mastectomy. On the morning of her surgery, she puts on her first red lipstick ever, which is very daring for a "lip gloss girl", as she described herself at the beginning of the film. She also goes through chemotherapy, even though it is so difficult for her and she is afraid it will make her sterile, but in the end she has two beautiful children with her wonderful husband. How inspirational of a real-life story is that? I've been feeling a little down this week, and have been thinking about how much weaker of a person I am than so many women I know, read about, and hear stories about.Then on my drive home from college today, when I heard the song "Jesus, Take the Wheel" on the radio, and I realized something: I had been dwelling so much on the fact that things are too hard for me to do by myself, and had forgotten the fact that I will never go through anything alone. Jesus is always walking beside me, maybe even carrying me, through all t he hard times that I cannot handle on my own.

So right then and there I knew that I had to stop by Clinique on my way home to purchase my first ever red lipstick. The moment I put the lipstick on, I could feel a little change in my attitude. There's something about wearing it that gives you more confidence in yourself.
I hope that I can live up to my red lipstick.
1 comment:
i like this one baby its ther intresting and youll never be alone you have me no matter what and forever i promise mwwah i love you baby
Post a Comment